Old January 19th 08, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Victoria Line early closures

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:24:36 -0800 (PST), martin
wrote:

I hadn't noticed any publicity until this evening, but there are now
yellow stickers on the line diagrams in trains announcing more early
closures on the Victoria Line.

It seems to be the same timings as last autumn's closure, and will be
on Mondays to Thursdays from 4th February until "late November".

Full details can be found at http://preview.tinyurl.com/yu885v [pdf]

Now, is it just me, or is this rather short notice for something which
is going to affect rather a lot of people for quite a long time? Or
have the plans long been available in the bottom of a locked filing
cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying
'Beware of the Leopard'?

I hadn't heard anything until about 3 days ago. I was somewhat surprised
we were being subjected to almost a year's worth of early closures. The
odd weekend closure I can understand but I'm not very happy with months
more of late night stuff even though I don't make a lot of use of late
night services. When I have been out in town it's a pain having to
remember to scuttle off early so you can get home sensibly rather than
multiple changes in central London and then the joy of a bus and then
your final connection home.

Still as the internal web page says "it's all necessary so we get to the
new Victoria Line".
--
Paul C