Old January 20th 08, 08:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default North London Line AC/DC question

On 20 Jan, 09:09, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 00:09:28 GMT, wrote:
Why are they closing the Vic from 22.00 until 4 November, so that they can
test, tincker with and troubleshoot the 09 series trains?

BTW, when and where will it be possible to see one of those trains?

I have seen train one parked in the depot. It was sheer luck but I went
past on a 192 bus (starts from Tottenham Hale). It goes up Watermead Way
which rises above the Cambridge line and gives a good view of
Northumberland Park depot. If you opt to try this sit at the back of
the bus as you're higher up (it's only a little single deck).

IIRC there is also a footbridge from Watermead Way across the LU / NR
tracks but I think it is all caged so any view would be very restricted
or maybe even non existent. I've not used it myself.

I doubt very much, at this stage, that the public will be able to see
the V stock in test mode as it's all done under possession with no
public access. The latest LU intranet news about the Vic line early
closing said train 2 was due March / April time and it would enter
passenger service alongside 67 stock late 2008.

How will they integrate the 2 different ATO systems for when both
train types are running in service? Do the new trains have the old
system on board as well?

B2003