Old January 20th 08, 02:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Last unpainted D Stock (last "silver" Underground train)

On Jan 20, 2:59*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:37 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),

(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article ,
() wrote:

I can remember as a youngster of 6 being exited when a Silver train
approached as they seemed so different.I remember asking Dad why
there weren't any silver buses.

There was a silver bus, by the way, just the one RM.

Ta for the reply. A little trawl of the WWW brought up references to a
RM 664 apparently called the Silver Lady so I take it that was the
one. There does not seem to be too much about it online though I found
picture of a model that showed how it looked.
Apparently from another link it was difficult to see in Fog so I take
it was a trial for the livery.
Adoption of it would have made London Streets look quite different.
and would there be Red,White and Blue buses now I wonder.

G.Harman

Hmm. Was there significantly less fog by 1977? I suppose there may
have been with various Acts.

I've noticed that one of the Routemasters that they are still using
for touristy reasons has been done up in the 1977 Silver Jubilee
version. I wonder if the conductors are giving windy machine tickets
with advertising on the back?