Old January 20th 08, 06:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Thomas Covenant Thomas Covenant is offline

Default North London Line AC/DC question

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 09:09:52 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 00:09:28 GMT, wrote:

BTW, when and where will it be possible to see one of those trains?

I have seen train one parked in the depot. It was sheer luck but I went
past on a 192 bus (starts from Tottenham Hale). It goes up Watermead Way
which rises above the Cambridge line and gives a good view of
Northumberland Park depot. If you opt to try this sit at the back of
the bus as you're higher up (it's only a little single deck).

IIRC there is also a footbridge from Watermead Way across the LU / NR
tracks but I think it is all caged so any view would be very restricted
or maybe even non existent. I've not used it myself.

The new train normally lives on 39 road, which can also be seen from
the Lee Valley Line (best if you're on the right hand side of the
train heading north and nothing goes past in the opposite direction).