Old January 23rd 08, 12:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Picc Line train indicators display Heathrow Term 5

In message , Stef Richards
writes
At Hyde Park Corner station on Sunday, I noticed that the train
indicators said:

1st Heathrow Terms 123 & 5
2nd Rayners Lane
3rd Heathrow Term 4

Are trains already running in this pattern, or is the Picc just trying
to confuse tourists (and the odd Londoner)?

This is now how the timetable is operated since 13 January.

T4 trains stand for 7-8 mins at T4 though, and T5 trains will operate as
a direct T123 train, detrain, and then work to T5 with an instructor for
driver training purposes. Therefore passengers for T123 are generally
better getting the following T123 & 5 train as they will reach their
destination quicker.

There is a T4 train only every 10 minutes now.

This has caused some discussion at work, as we've been told that all
trains should be described as a T123 (pending alterations to the
destination kit). This is at variance with the TfL website and the Train
Describers you've noticed. Discussions are continuing as many of us
maintain we should be sending a consistent message out to the travelling
public and trains should be described as to their correct destination
(ie T4 or T123 as appropriate).