Old January 23rd 08, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris[_2_] Chris[_2_] is offline

Default Picc Line train indicators display Heathrow Term 5

On 23 Jan, 01:01, Mizter T wrote:
On 22 Jan, 23:04, Stef Richards wrote:

as they make the short 5 mile walk from security through the airport
terminal building past the glittering array of tempting retail outlets
to their departure gate

Having taken part in a passenger trial last Saturday, I speak from
experience when I tell you that it's a lot shorter than you think it
is....I was suitably impressed - although NOT with the current signage
- it stinks! No one could find the baggage area when coming through EU
arrivals, for instance!

This has caused some discussion at work, as we've been told that all
trains should be described as a T123 (pending alterations to the
destination kit). This is at variance with the TfL website and the Train
Describers you've noticed. Discussions are continuing as many of us
maintain we should be sending a consistent message out to the travelling
public and trains should be described as to their correct destination
(ie T4 or T123 as appropriate).

All it says now at Hatton Cross is 'check front of train' on the
indicator boards - not a lot of bloody use, when the trains all still
have T123 on the front. THe drivers are meant to make announcements,
but there were no staff on the platform & if the driver makes no
announcement on train, or if they do & your sat on the platform seats,
you have no time to reach the train before the doors are
shut.....Grrrrr