Old January 23rd 08, 09:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Picc Line train indicators display Heathrow Term 5

Roland Perry wrote:

In message
, at
01:33:23 on Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Mizter T remarked:

Also (and this demonstrates my lack of Pic line operational
knowledge), is it worth getting a Rayners Lane train and changing at
Acton Town?

On the basis that "a train in the platform is worth two on the departure
board" it is *always* worth getting one as far as you can, then
changing, if you are at all time-constrained on the journey.

For all you know, just after you've passed Hammersmith someone will jump
onto the lines there, and then your only hope of getting to LHR for the
next couple of hours will be an ad-hoc shuttle service from Acton Town.

I certainly operate on that principle, no doubt. However others don't
- or more likely they're a bit more sensible and less likely to cut it
fine than I am - so I'm just wondering what advice I should give
anyone who asks.

As well as the hassle of moving bags from train to platform to train
(not something I'd find an issue but others would), there's also the
possibility that one loses out on a potential seat for the whole
journey (again not a great concern of mine, though I did once struggle
to find a space when getting on a very packed Heathrow-bound Pic line
train at Acton Town).