Old January 23rd 08, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Picc Line train indicators display Heathrow Term 5

On 23 Jan, 15:10, Michael Hoffman wrote:
Sir Benjamin Nunn wrote:
At Kennington Bank Branch Southbound the other day, my train stopped for
about 6 minutes.

A train pulled in on the C+ platform, which usually means it's going to
terminate, and then all the passengers will come over to fill up the bank
train. But instead it was a through train, and left Kennington before the
bank train did, which then had to wait another couple of minutes (and indeed
for another c+, this time terminating, to pull in and unload).

Now, the question is, what the **** was the point of this? And why didn't
the driver tell us to get off the train and get the c+ service, which would
be the quickest way to reach southbound destinations?

Perhaps the driver of your train didn't know what was going to happen.
The through train from the CX branch was presumably let go first as
otherwise it would have blocked the platform for the terminating train
that was behind it.

Of course what should have happened is that the driver should have
been given the info and then made an announcement. Platform staff at
Kennington do sometimes manage to convey such information.

Anyway, I quite agree with Michael's suggestion...

Write to TfL if you want them to do something about it.

Online contact forms are available he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact/default.aspx

What you experienced is the kind of thing that really irritates many
passengers, including myself, so do tell them about it.

I have to say I often simply avoid the whole Kennington shuffle by
taking the Victoria line wherever possible. Of course, saying that's
no help at all when you're coming from the City or the Borough.