Old January 23rd 08, 09:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Which train leaves Aldgate first?

wrote:

It's actually better to be towards the rear of the train, although
there is a gap between the platforms and trains due to a curve. There
is still a platform repeater on platform 3, which shows a yellow light
when the signal is red. The staff normally make announcements during
the evening peak regarding the first train to depart, but this is done
to the overbridge area, where customers who have entered the station
usually wait for the train information display.

I fully endorse what Robin says. I commute into and out of Aldgate and,
although I only travel to Baker Street (en route to Marylebone) I *always*
use the Met main line in preference to the Circle, for comfort (unless I'm
travelling very off-peak!). I always head for the back of the train in
question, to be convenient for the stairs at Baker Street, and (as the
platforms are curved) the mid-platform repeater is very useful for checking
when heading back along a train that is shown on the overbridge display as
being the first to depart - to make sure that it hasn't got the road.