Old January 24th 08, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway
[email protected][_2_] google@woodall.me.uk[_2_] is offline

Default National Rail and Zones 7-9

On Jan 24, 10:43 am, Paul Weaver wrote:

I was shocked at how busy the ~19:00 to Bletchley was, hardly anyone
got off at Harrow where I boarded (19:16), but I could barely fit in.
I've never had to stand on a train on that line before

I'd think that was the 19:04 which is the first cheap train by PAYG.
IIRC the 18:54 first stop is Watford Junction.

I been deliberately avoiding the 19:04 because I guessed it would be
packed.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a timetable alteration that moves this
train earlier by 4 (or 5) minutes.

(Of course, moving all the trains later by 10 minutes would also help
because then there would be a 19:04 and a 19:14)

However, you've been lucky if you've never had to stand. Those trains
are always busy. It's quieter from about the 19:54 through to about
21:54 then it starts getting busy again.

Tim.