Old January 24th 08, 03:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default ELL alternative routes

On 24 Jan, 09:06, MIG wrote:
On Jan 24, 6:19 am, Offramp wrote:

On Jan 23, 11:17 pm, David wrote:

After a few weeks of getting back to work after the Christmas break,
and with the closure of the ELL for over 2 years - what alternatives
are found to be the best ? I need to get from Green Park to SE4 1UY,
previously Jubilee to Canada Water, ELL to NewX Gate and bus to
SE4. I could take the 436 us from Hyde Park Corner - door to door,
but journey over an hour most times.
I've tried Jubilee to Canary Wharf, walk to Heron Quays, DLR to
Deptford Bridge, and walk.
The Tfl Journey Planner site seems to always advise, Jubilee from
Green Park to London Bridge, then a Southern service to New X Gate, or
Southeastern to New Cross - - but Pay as You Go OYSTERS are invalid
for this . Any thoughts ?

I would go Green Park to Victoria, then take the 436 from there.

Except if you're taking the Victoria line you might as well go to
Vauxhall then catch the 436 - or indeed the 36 to New Cross Gate, then
another bus (or even walk).

I'd minimise the bus and go to Canada water, then whichever of
replacement bus, 225 or 47 that turned up first

That's a good idea, though it is somewhat foiled by the fact that the
ELC replacement bus leaves from the other side of Canada Water bus
station to the 47 and 225. The stops at Canada Water were all rejigged
when the ELL replacement buses started running - unfortunately whilst
the old spider map for Canada Water has been taken off the TfL
website, the updated version isn't up there yet (I have just sent TfL
some feedback on this). Nonetheless just going via the 47 or 225
isn't a bad idea.

In the opposite direction - i.e. going back to Canada Water - then the
OP would have to make a decision as to whether they should wait for
the ELC replacement bus at New Cross or the 47 or 225 on Brookmill
Road.

One further point to make - use of the ELL replacement buses doesn't
cost anything extra (whilst a ticket is required, with Oyster you are
charged a 0p fare), whilst if one travelled on the 47 or 225 the
normal bus fare (90p when using Oyster PAYG) must be paid.