Old January 24th 08, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default ELL alternative routes

On 24 Jan, 18:32, Offramp wrote:
On Jan 24, 4:51 pm, Mizter T wrote:

On 24 Jan, 09:06, MIG wrote:
I would go Green Park to Victoria, then take the 436 from there.

Except if you're taking the Victoria line you might as well go to
Vauxhall then catch the 436 - or indeed the 36 to New Cross Gate, then
another bus (or even walk).

That is certainly better than my suggestion.
Originally I was thinking of catching the 36/436 from the Oval - but
Green Park to Oval is too fiddly.

I'm familiar with this, and I can definitely say that if anyone is
heading to the Oval to catch a bus towards Camberwell and beyond
(36/436/185), then if they are coming from say the West End, Euston or
KXSP, taking the Victoria line to Vauxhall and then getting the bus
from there might well be a better bet.

One can take advantage of the faster (and I think I'm right to say
more frequent) Victoria line, avoid the Kennington shuffle (where CX
branch trains often terminate), plus I'd say the Vic line is less
liable to getting disrupted.

The bus journey between Vauxhall and Oval is less than 5 minutes (and
of course during the rush if you start at Vauxhall you've a better
chance of a seat).