Old January 24th 08, 10:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway
Tim Woodall Tim Woodall is offline

Default National Rail and Zones 7-9

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:25:59 -0800 (PST),
Mizter T wrote:

I do find it slightly hard to believe that are hordes of people
milling about on the Euston concourse, waiting for the first post-7pm
cheap train to take them home.

They probably wouldn't. Either they're going to be coming via the
underground, so they'll be starting their journey after 7pm from there,
or they'll be in walking distance (or cycling) in which case it's fairly
easy to time your journey to arrive at Euston.

I cycle from Moorgate, and baring appalling traffic I can almost
guarantee that if I leave my desk at least twenty minutes before my
train leaves Euston then I'll catch the train. (At 20 minutes I'll often
have to run through Euston as my "on the road" cycling time varies from
10 to 15 minutes with an average of about 12 minutes. The 10 minute run
requires no traffic holding me up and almost all the lights in my
favour)

Tim.

and there was light.