Old January 25th 08, 12:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Henry Henry is offline

Default Picc Line train indicators display Heathrow Term 5

On 24 Jan, 22:29, "Richard J." wrote:
Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message
,
Mizter T writes

I'm not sure there is a "train describer" (in endearing LU lingo)
at Hatton Cross - but if there isn't one, there needs to be!

There is now - it went in a month or two ago when the signalling
work was being done for T5.

Last Thursday it was showing "Check front of train" for all trains,
which wasn't much use, especially if, as someone said earlier, even the
T4 trains say HEATHROW T1,2,3 on the front. Is that true? If so, it's
typical of the shambles that LU have made of the Heathrow change.

The describer was still showing "Check front of train" for the next
three
trains "yesterday" (Wed.)

I don't know what was on the front of the train as it was already
pulling in when I reached the bottom of the stairs - I can imagine a
spate of accidents as people start sprinting the moment they think
they hear a train.

I can't recall exactly what the internal displays said, but it
involved
T12 and 3 so I got on, and had a nice ~10 min pause at T4...

I didn't notice any change to the line diagrams, and forgot to check
for a Fantasy Piccadilly Line map.

Hth

Henry