Old January 25th 08, 03:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Oyster PAYG and weekend engineering work

In message
of
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 03:47:27 in uk.transport.london, Andy
writes
This Saturday there is engineering work which means the the West
Ruislip - Marylebone services are diverted to Paddington. Currently
Oyster PAYG is valid on the Marylebone route, but not into Paddington
(this being on the list for spring 2008). Does anyone know if
provision has made for people touching in at West Ruislip and then not
being able to touch out at Paddington during the diversion? Will the
be posters saying that PAYG is not available or will people have to
phone up about unresolved journeys.

I think authority to travel for a given service should be valid on a
replacement. I think it is otherwise not a replacement.

A few weeks ago, I went on an advertised replacement service to Amersham
via Beaconsfield from Marylebone while there was no Metropolitan service
north of Harrow-on-the-Hill.

I touched in and out at both ends of the journey to avoid grief.

I spoke to a CSA at Amersham and was told I was within my rights. At
22.00 on a Saturday night, I thought I was unlikely to meet a Revenue
Protection Inspector.

I don't know the details, but believe TfL has the ability to suspend the
need to touch out. I would not be surprised to find the system does not
work smoothly.

That reminds me, I must chase a charging mistake. On Sunday, I reached
my cap. At Earls Court, I asked a question of a CSA at the Manual Gate
and touched in as I followed him to some information. The system made a
different notation of the event and started a new cap accumulation. By
the time I realised there was a problem, it was too late to get ticket
office staff to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, there is insufficient
detail on the website journey history to explain.
--
Walter Briscoe