Old January 25th 08, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Lew 1 Lew 1 is offline

Default Oyster PAYG and weekend engineering work

That reminds me, I must chase a charging mistake. On Sunday, I reached
my cap. At Earls Court, I asked a question of a CSA at the Manual Gate
and touched in as I followed him to some information. The system made a
different notation of the event and started a new cap accumulation. By
the time I realised there was a problem, it was too late to get ticket
office staff to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, there is insufficient
detail on the website journey history to explain.

I get a similar thing nearly everytime I use Oyster. I touch in, and touch
out. It doesn't recognise me touching out, and then my next nourney in the
day is counted as two journeys, both starting at the very first station that
I touched in.

For example, if I go Canada Water to Picadilly Circus, then Picadilly Circus
to West Hampstead, Oyster displays:

Canada Water -- Picadilly Circus
Canada Water -- West Hampstead

Oh so very annoying.