Old January 25th 08, 10:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Picc Line train indicators display Heathrow Term 5

In message
,
Mizter T writes

Meanwhile we have the platform indicator at Green Park today showing
next train to Heathrow Terminal 4, but the train itself had Heathrow
T1,2,3 on the front. Aaargh!!

Elsewhere on this thread Steve Fitzgerald's has stated that that is
what drivers have been told to display on the front. Now it's time for
me to ask a possibly stupid question of Steve - can Piccadilly line
trains currently display T4 as a destination at all?

Oh yes indeedy. My train always displays (IMO, the correct) T4 when I'm
on a loop train - and so do a fair few of my colleagues.

In fact, it's possible to display any station that we serve. Cue
displays of Park Royal and Arsenal when we run staff trains. In fact,
up until the new talking trains upgrade, we could even still show
Aldwych!