Old January 26th 08, 01:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin McKenzie Colin McKenzie is offline

Default Oyster PAYG and differential bus fares

Mizter T wrote:
This has got me wondering about the notion of a similar hierarchy of
bus services in London, with more expensive 'premium' routes - perhaps
express routes. That said, there are only two express London buses
routes these days - the X68 and the X26 - and it's only really the X68
that is aimed at commuters.

607 (express 207/427)

When I first moved to Ealing I was rather surprised that you didn't
have to pay extra to go on this, having been brought up with Greenline
coaches. Both rely mainly on fewer stops rather than faster driving to
save time.

Colin McKenzie

--
No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at
the population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as