Old January 26th 08, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Oyster PAYG and differential bus fares

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:31:37 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote:

It is for the very reason that passengers would be tempted to override
- which is really just euphemism for saying 'go where they wanted to
all along but don't pay for it' - that I find it difficult to imagine
such a system working in London, or indeed elsewhere in the country.

I really don't see it being any more of an issue than over-riding on
paper tickets is. If you made it so that once you touched out you
can't touch back in on that bus without speaking to the driver, I
think it would be unlikely to be any more of a problem than it already
is.

Neil

--
Neil Williams