Old January 27th 08, 12:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Oyster PAYG and weekend engineering work

On Jan 27, 11:45*am, Mizter T wrote:
On 26 Jan, 18:22, Andy wrote:

On Jan 25, 11:47 am, Andy wrote:

This Saturday there is engineering work which means the the West
Ruislip - Marylebone services are diverted to Paddington. Currently
Oyster PAYG is valid on the Marylebone route, but not into Paddington
(this being on the list for spring 2008). Does anyone know if
provision has made for people touching in at West Ruislip and then not
being able to touch out at Paddington during the diversion? Will the
be posters saying that PAYG is not available or will people have to
phone up about unresolved journeys.

Well, having gone for a ride today. No sign of any posters about PAYG
being valid or not on the Paddington trains, but the guard just
glanced at my Oyster and said OK (although I do have a Zone 1-5
travelcard on it and so the PAYG couldn't really be checked). Touching
out at West Ruislip bought up an 'Entry' on the validator and I'll
have to see what the records say has been charged in a day or two.

As West Ruislip is in zone 6, outside the validity of your z1-5
Travelcard, I'd think you will have been charged the £4 max fare for
an unresolved PAYG journey.

I don't think so, as the system (in other locations) assumes that I've
entered in Zones 1-5 and charges the correct fare. I've checked on my
records (updated overnight) and I think that the correct fare was
deducted (£1.00). I've got £1.00 (Entry) deducted at West Ruislip and
then £1.00 (Entry) deducted at Ickenham where I took the Met line back
to Harrow. These look like the correct fares, although I've got to
check capping levels!!

I've had the problem with validators saying the opposite to what I've
done before, but the correct fare being applied. It is down to an
entry within the zones not actually being recorded on the card, only
the exit outside the zones and at West Ruislip I used the validators
on the exit from the Chiltern platforms, not the ticket barriers in
the Central line bit of the station. Unresolved PAYG penalties seem to
be different if you have a season on the ticket as well, I think that
they are £1 regardless of the route (not sure about National Rail)