Old January 27th 08, 12:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default 42 - Liverpool Street answer

In message of Mon, 21 Jan 2008
13:57:08 in uk.transport.london, Walter Briscoe
writes

[snipped story about finding London Underground station addresses.]

I then struck 22 carat gold in the Journey Planner
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

Select a Tube journey such as from Aldgate to Liverpool Street.
View it and click on "Liverpool Street Underground Station" to arrive
at
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...guage=en&type=
stop&id=1000138&itdLPxx_sessionID=JP09_13099587&i tdLPxx_requestID=1&comma
nd=nop. [That URL works across a reboot. I don't know if it is further
portable or can be shortened.]

[snipped remaining stuff irrelevant to this posting]

The information had gone by Friday night.

I assume reaction to my action. Which action I do not yet know.
It could have been the posting above, a customer service request asking
for information or a page I constructed containing
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_SOI_REQUEST?language=en&type
=stop&id=1000002 for Acton Town through to the corresponding link for
Willesden Junction.

Sadly, I only grabbed pages through to Fairlop. I shall follow up my
Customer service enquiry and report back here.
--
Walter Briscoe