Old January 27th 08, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Oyster PAYG and differential bus fares

On 27 Jan, 15:31, MIG wrote:
Stopping to do something (or just have a rest) during a journey is a
perfectly common and reasonable thing to do. *If you do it on a car
journey, you don't get charged double, and there's no reason why you
should be. *It's potentially a disincentive to using public transport.

I count fare capping as Oyster's alternative to transfer tickets. If
you make 3 bus journeys in a day (well, 3 and a bit now), you aren't
charged for any more. On a transfer system, it's usually make one
journey, don't pay for any more for two hours. I think I prefer the
Oyster approach.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London