Old January 28th 08, 11:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
sweek sweek is offline

Default iBus. The most annoying thing about bus travel...

The driver also has a module in the cab with a display that also shows
in real time whether the bus is early or late. *I noticed this for the
first time on a 192 and was genuinely surprised at how neat the unit
was.

The system can obviously track the service over the whole day and the
collation of operational statistics should help to improve future
timetables. Once it becomes clear how each route performs on a typical
day as well as in unusual conditions then schedules will be able to be
tweaked to make services more reliable and resilient.
--
Paul C

All of this sounds very neat. I hope some of this data will become
available to the public, too.

Have any of the iBus' advanced countdown timers popped up around
London yet?