Old November 12th 03, 11:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Masterton James Masterton is offline

Default Thameslink ticket checks - or lack of!

In message , Jon McD
writes
I wouldn't be surprised if ticket inspectors are not allowed touch or detain
passengers they suspect of not having tickets.

Of course in those circumstances all it takes is a public spirited
fellow passenger to give them an elb.. er, nudge to assist matters.

It reminds me of the last tube strike when the pleas of a conductor for
some people to step down off his overloaded routemaster fell on deaf
ears and I informed the people in question that as I was not going to be
sacked by introducing them to the pavement head first there was little
to prevent me from attempting it.

Sadly most people in London seem to think that pretending things are
someone else's problem is the solution to everything. Including fare
dodgers.
--
James Masterton - www.masterton.co.uk