Old January 29th 08, 06:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Brent Cross Light Rail

In message , at
23:56:13 on Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Tom Anderson
remarked:
Be interesting to see how ULTRA goes at Terminal 5,

Indeed. I have a hard time seeing how it could be better in
cost/benefit terms than a more traditional bit of light rail; the cost
per passenger of the pods must be greater, surely? As you say, we'll see.

Although they have pretty much a green fields site for the pod route at
T5, if/when it is extended to T123 (via the old taxi tunnels) it would
not be easy to construct light rail instead.