Old January 29th 08, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway
[email protected][_2_] google@woodall.me.uk[_2_] is offline

Default National Rail and Zones 7-9

On Jan 28, 10:13 pm, Paul Weaver wrote:

The 1823 departure is fast to LBZ (then MKC, Wolverton and
Northampton). The 1824 stops at Harrow, Watford and a few other
places. I was on it once, having arrived at HRW to see a "northampton"
train arriving at the platform, jumped on, then realised as we sped
through LBZ that I was on the wrong train.

Got to Bletchley and waited for a train back to LBZ, I guess
technically I should have been Penalty fared. Twice.

Ha! I've done that too although I had to go all the way to MKC.
Looking at the current timetable I think it must have been the 19:52.

I got caught out because the train that didn't stop at WJ always went
from platform 11 and the one that did went from platform 8. They seem
to have reversed these four platforms (the DC line now comes in on the
other platform too)

The guard did check my ticket, before we'd even completely left Euston
- he just smiled and said I'd got a long detour and that I should talk
to the guard on the return train. When I did get on the return train
the guard there said, "no problem, but thanks for being honest" and
offered to remind me when we got back to Watford.

Tim.