Old November 13th 03, 12:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Thameslink ticket checks - or lack of!

(Neil Williams) wrote the following
in:

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:10:09 +0000, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

I will note that I've often fallen asleep on my commutes,
including trains with intermediate stops, yet always seem to wake
about 30 seconds before my station. The subconscious seems to have
better route knowledge than the conscious brain!

The subconscious (body clock etc) has surprising abilities at
times; I seem to have this uncanny ability to wake automatically
two or three minutes before my alarm goes off - almost every day!

That's a very uncanny ability indeed. My ability is nearly the
opposite: to wake several minutes after my alarm clock has gone off.

I can't sleep on trains (or buses), anyway - too noisy and too
much movement...

My problem with sleeping on public transport (or practically any
transport for that matter) is that there's nowhere to rest my head.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Then and than are different words!