Old February 2nd 08, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default Whites not welcome in Transport for London

In message , Richard J.
writes
Casper wrote:
Blatant, vicious, open anti-White discrimination in the heart of
London.

You didn’t think it was possible? Well, it is. An advertisement for
a Press Internship with Transport London has been advertised - but
only ethnic minorities are allowed to apply, and Whites are
specifically banned from the job.

It's not a job, it's a training opportunity. That's the only reason
it's allowed.

It's our money being spent, so we have a right to comment about it. My
main objection to daft positive discrimination policies is ...

1. It's patronising in the extreme to the people involved and is of
itself being highly discriminatory. You are in effect telling the
minority they will only get the job because white folk aren't allowed to
apply. I'm sure most people from an ethnic minority would prefer to get
a job on their own merits.

2. You play into the hands of the nutters in the BNP and the right wing
press. Oh, how they love some idiot in the public sector putting out a
daft job add like this. Transport for London are being their best
recruitment officer !

It doesn't help, it's counter productive and divisive, so please stop it
!

--
Edward Cowling "Must go - to find Shrodinger's Cat !"