Old February 2nd 08, 01:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Whites not welcome in Transport for London

On Feb 2, 1:33 pm, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:
In message , Richard J.
writes

Casper wrote:
Blatant, vicious, open anti-White discrimination in the heart of
London.

You didn't think it was possible? Well, it is. An advertisement for
a Press Internship with Transport London has been advertised - but
only ethnic minorities are allowed to apply, and Whites are
specifically banned from the job.

It's not a job, it's a training opportunity. That's the only reason
it's allowed.

It's our money being spent, so we have a right to comment about it. My
main objection to daft positive discrimination policies is ...

You don't need to object; it would be illegal anyway (if it was
happening). Promoting racial hatred is also illegal, on which grounds
this thread ought to be removed from the Google archive at least.

1. It's patronising in the extreme to the people involved and is of
itself being highly discriminatory. You are in effect telling the
minority they will only get the job because white folk aren't allowed to
apply. I'm sure most people from an ethnic minority would prefer to get
a job on their own merits.

Which bit of "it's not a job" don't you understand?

2. You play into the hands of the nutters in the BNP and the right wing
press.

Like the OP who pasted text directly from the BNP site. I would have
disagreed with the tactic if I worked for TfL, and I agree that it
plays in to the hands of this kind of nutter.

However, bear in mind that, like most stories from the BNP, references
to a "job" are not true.

Oh, how they love some idiot in the public sector putting out a
daft job add like this. Transport for London are being their best
recruitment officer !

Which bit of "it's not a job" don't you understand?

It doesn't help, it's counter productive and divisive, so please stop it
!

--
Edward Cowling "Must go - to find Shrodinger's Cat !"