Old February 2nd 08, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Whites not welcome in Transport for London

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

It's our money being spent, so we have a right to comment about it. My
main objection to daft positive discrimination policies is ...

1. It's patronising in the extreme to the people involved and is of
itself being highly discriminatory. You are in effect telling the
minority they will only get the job because white folk aren't allowed
to apply. I'm sure most people from an ethnic minority would prefer
to get a job on their own merits.

Actually, I think most people with a job are glad they have a job, and care
not why. I'm happy to play the ethnic minority card when it suits, although
I always vote against the lefties who allow me to play that card.

2. You play into the hands of the nutters in the BNP and the right
wing press.

Support for the NF/BNP always goes up massively whenever Labour are in power
and always goes down to nothing whenever Labour are out of power. The vast
majority of BNP voters don't support the BNP's racism, they are merely
opposing the Labour Party's racism (although they are using a spectacularly
ineffective way to do so).