Old February 2nd 08, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Whites not welcome in Transport for London

On Feb 2, 3:29*pm, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:
In message , John Rowland
writes

2. You play into the hands of the nutters in the BNP and the right
wing press.

Support for the NF/BNP always goes up massively whenever Labour are in power
and always goes down to nothing whenever Labour are out of power. The vast
majority of BNP voters don't support the BNP's racism, they are merely
opposing the Labour Party's racism (although they are using a spectacularly
ineffective way to do so).

I think you're right. The perceived wisdom is that the BNP pick up
support from those awful Tory party people. In reality it seems to be
people who you'd consider natural Labour party members who turn to the
BNP. I've heard people say New Labour has no "vocabulary" to deal with
racial problems. Well they'd darn well better learn one if we want to
avoid a BNP upsurge in the upcoming GLA elections.

In the late 1970s, the Tories, out of power, convinced the racists
that they had a better chance of getting into power and carrying out
NF policies than the NF did, and it worked.

New Labour is actually in power, and therefore seen to be failing to
listen to anyone, so that when they whip up racist hysteria about
asylum seekers etc, they don't benefit from it the way that the Tories
did when out of power. It's always a party out of power that is
assumed to be able to do something to change a situation.

Of course, the situation may not be what people claim it is, eg hordes
of asylum seekers and terrorists changing the face of our country.
The really terrifying threat to this country and its values is the
BNP.

People whose grandparents fought and died to keep the Nazis out of
this country are now voting them on to local councils in London.
That's the real treachery.