Old November 13th 03, 08:12 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
JohnB JohnB is offline

Default Network Rail

Stimpy wrote:

Grant Crozier wrote:

You don't need public transport to live at all do you have two feet
or a bike etc and from the looks of all the buses traveling through
my part of the UK at all hours of the day full of emptiness its
only mine and others council tax that is keeping the bus drivers in
employment !!!!. It certanly isn't the amount of fares they are
collecting in a shift that is paying for fuel and wages . Grant .
You must live in the south east.

No the Northwest .

The Northwest? Then you'll be familiar with the situation of the lighthouse
at Cape Wrath. The staff and those that visit them would have trouble
relying on "two feet or a bike" to get them there

Nah. it's a doddle.
From Blairwood head for Sandwood Bay before reaching the lighthouse - about
12-13 miles. You'll need a tent or bivvy bag as it will take most of the day.
http://www.rsf.org.uk/routes/capewrath.htm

And there is an easier way for wimps. Call the Ferry at Durness to reach the
rutted 11 mile road to the lighthouse. Allow a day for the return journey.

Lots of people do it both by bike and walking.

However, I think you are wrong about the staff as I believe it is no longer
manned and the only visits are those for occasional maintenance.

John B