Old February 4th 08, 12:20 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default Parking ticket appeal

Tony Dragon wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
I have written a letter contesting a PCN .

The 14 day limit to pay 60 quid is nearly up... I phoned LB Hackney
and they say they have received my letter, but they have not yet
made a decision. If they delay giving me the result until after
the 14 day limit is up, do I then have to pay 120 quid, or will
the decision letter give me another 14 days to pay only 60 quid?

TIA.

Round my way the clock stops if you appeal.

Same here. Hounslow stops the clock and restarts it from zero (i.e. you
get a full 14 days to pay the reduced rate) if they reject your
challenge. Hackney accept early challenges (there's a form on their
website), but their site doesn't say how they handle the 14-day clock.
As the early challenge process is not part of the formal appeal process
defined by law, in theory it's up to each council to decide how to
administer it, but I would expect London Councils (formerly ALG) to
standardise the process for all boroughs.

I suggest you phone Hackney on 020 8356 8877?

--
Richard J.