Old February 4th 08, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Old trackbed next to central line

wrote:
On Feb 4, 7:00 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

There appears to be a disused trackbed in the Perivale Area which
passes under the Central Line West Ruislip branch in the Rydal
Crescent area.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Anyone know any more about it?

I think you might be looking at the mostly singled section of the
old GW route up from Paddington to South Ruislip and on towards High
Wycombe, but it would count as lightly used, rather than disused.

No thie route I was looking at is now grassland and fenced off and
passes under the Central and NR lines via a brick arch.

Ah right - looking at Google Earth, is that the grassed bit that crosses
Rydal Crescent at the bend at the east end, then passes the south end of
Thirlemere Ave; running sort of east/west at that point?

If so - that's a good question - can't see any reference to a railway in
either of my usually accurate London Rail references...

Checking www.old-maps.co.uk for the area (1935 map) seems to suggests a
route for a water main or something? With a valve house a couple of hundred
yards east of Thirlemere Ave, and a line of posts heading off to the SW, and
then down past Greenford and through Southall, passing pretty near various
'works' in the general direction of Staines...

Might give you some possibilities...

Paul S