Old February 5th 08, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Its that time of year again

On 5 Feb, 10:09, chunky munky wrote:
then things would be much worse. The vast majority of LU staff do take
pride in their work - just look at stations like Northwood or
Southfields and compare them to similar National Rail ones! LU are
trying to remove this.

I have no doubt a large proportion of LU staff are very professional
and as you say to take pride in their work (thumb in the air guess
and from personal experience I'd say it was the older staff). However
there seems to be a similarly large proportion who don't give a stuff.
This probably applies to any company, however when its a public
service its expecially annoying to the "customers".

I very much doubt LU will make staff redundant and replace them with
contract so if there are to be any contract staff its probably just to
make up the numbers, which to me would suggest the unions are simply
scared of losing a bit of influence. A good place to start would be
Woodside Park station where I had to travel from the other month - the
ticket office closes at about midday on a weekday. Wtf is that all
about??

Hopefully for the good of the travelling public and for members this
can all be sorted without the need for direct strike action.

Though no doubt Bolshevic Bob will make sure it goes down to the wire.

B2003