Old February 5th 08, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Old trackbed next to central line

Tom Anderson wrote:

That'd be a good pub quiz question - "what links Cricklewood and
Kempton Park?". Answer: "thirteen and a half miles of pipe"!

I have raised this issue before, presumably before your time here.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....7d17e9460caab3

10/10 for getting it to the pumping station in Kempton Park... I was only
able to follow it to Hounslow Heath, but this was using the London
Photographic Atlas, since Google Earth and free satellite photography on the
web did not yet exist. It's funny to think how primitive things were for us
land use enthusiasts only 7 years ago.

The other end of the pipe is not Cricklewood: it can easily be followed to
Fortis Green Pumping Station in Woodside Avenue N10.
http://maps.google.com/maps?t=k&ie=U...9978&z=17&om=0