Old February 5th 08, 05:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] bowroaduk@yahoo.com is offline

Default Its that time of year again

How can LU triumph taking over the ex-Silverlink stations and then
propose changes overall that reduce many LU stations to the former's
state?

As the Evening Standard rightly says, closing ticket offices removes
the station's focal point, gives the impression that the premises are
unsupervised and allow staff to be anywhere on a station (but not
where passengers can neccesarily find them).

At my local station we still get constant recorded announces asking
people to renew weekly tickets of Friday evenings even though the
booking office now closes sharp at 19:00 (and the ticket seller post
was removed so this person is *not* walking around the platforms to
"reassure" passengers as LUL's publiciy claimed).