Old February 5th 08, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Its that time of year again

On 5 Feb, 18:32, wrote:
How can LU triumph taking over the ex-Silverlink stations and then
propose changes overall that reduce many LU stations to the former's
state?

They haven't. Silverlink stations were unstaffed during traffic hours.
No LU or LO stations are or will be unstaffed during traffic hours.

As the Evening Standard rightly says

....and other unlikely sentences ;-)

closing ticket offices removes
the station's focal point, gives the impression that the premises are
unsupervised and allow staff to be anywhere on a station (but not
where passengers can neccesarily find them).

Depends on how it's done. It's not beyond the wit of man to put rules
in place that force staff to be where passengers *can* find them, as
long as they're not dealing with something else critical at the time.

At my local station we still get constant recorded announces asking
people to renew weekly tickets of Friday evenings even though the
booking office now closes sharp at 19:00

....so anyone who isn't an investment banker (and hasn't stayed in the
pub for more than a couple) is still well placed to renew their weekly
ticket on Friday evening, so the announcement is still sensible.

(and the ticket seller post
was removed so this person is *not* walking around the platforms to
"reassure" passengers as LUL's publiciy claimed).

That's a poor show by LUL if so.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org