Old February 6th 08, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sarah Brown Sarah Brown is offline

Default Euston - Northern Line (City Branch)

In article ,
Walter Briscoe wrote:

I find it irritating that LU refers to the Bank branch everywhere, other
than at Euston, where they refer to the City branch. I dislike the
double nomenclature.

Surely not as irritating as the fictional "Camden Town, Bank Branch"
and "Camden Town, Charing Cross Branch" which I keep hearing about.

Yes, arranging it so that the southbound split at Camden happened
north of the station would have been a far better arrangement, but
that didn't happen. What's wrong with just saying, "This train is for
Morden, via Bank", or whatever? If Mornington Crescent closed again,
would we suddenly start hearing about the "Edgware Branch" and "High
Barnet Branch" at Euston?