Old February 10th 08, 06:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
tim \(not at home\) tim \(not at home\) is offline

Default 31 Minutes to walk from Kings Cross to St. Pancreas - Is this true!?

"Richard J." wrote in message
. ..
Matt wrote:
Hey guys. I'm currently planning a journey that takes me via London.
Basically I arrive in London Kings Cross, then ened to walk over to
St Pancreas to get a train to St. Albans. According to the Transport
Direct journey planner, this walk will take 31 minutes, but if I
look at any map, it looks like it shouldn't even take 5!

I've not been to the new St Pancreas, and I guess the entrance might
not be at the Kings Cross side, but is it really true that it would
take the average person 31 minutes to walk from Kings Cross station
to St. Pancreas?

First of all, it's St Pancras, not St Pancreas!

They must be assuming that you get lost, not difficult to do if you don't
know the place. It shouldn't take more than 5 or 10 minutes.

I suspect that they are adding on the 'normal' connection time to the actual
walking time.

If you had a journey which involved a change at Kings Cross they probably
allow you 20 minutes for getting through the exit barriers (which might
easily take 5) and finding the next train.

So this 31 minutes is going to be 10 minutes walk plus the 20 minutes above.

tim