Old November 14th 03, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dan Ros Dan Ros is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

On 14 Nov 2003 00:23:45 GMT, (Mait001) wrote:

A few thousand, or even 100,000, or even a million demonstrators is by no
stretch of the imagination "the mass of the British people".

If everyone who opposed the war turned up in london to protest, what
you'd essentially have is an uprising. I believe the polls currently
stand at a majority opposed. Not quite the isolated group of lefties
you like to portray the oppsers of war as. For feelings to run this
strong despite what the government and some media outlets would like
is pretty indicative of deeply held convictions, IMO.

It is not illegal, but an impertinence by people who seemingly have nothing
better to do with their time or money than disrupt the lives of those of us who
work and pay taxes to finance those very people.

An impertinence? Thank god for those "impertinent" people who have the
temerity to speak out for what they believe is right. I suppose Rosa
Parks, the suffragettes, etc were also impertinent?

Anyway this is all OT. See you in london.