Old November 14th 03, 12:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Cox Robin Cox is offline

Default Bus route numbering

jasonr (Jason Rumney) @ f2s.com wrote in message ...
Paul Corfield writes:

Hounslow got H20 up to H37 plus oddities like the H98.

The H91 follows the 391 route most of the way between Hammersmith and
the Chiswick Roundabout, which has always seemed to me to be more than
just coincidence. The other oddities may have similar similarities,
or maybe Hounslow just ran out of numbers and took 90-99 as well.

The H40 (now replaced by 440 and 272) was a Hounslow route.

I believe the H91 is going to be rerouted soon in the Chiswick area.
One plan was for it to run along the A4 between Hammersmith and Chiswick
Roundabout.

Robin