Old February 11th 08, 12:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Camden Town: Low Bridge Accident

Mizter T wrote:

Blimey, that's nasty. My best wishes for the man who sustained serious
head injuries, I hope he comes out of this OK in the end.

The bridge hit carries the North London Line and is just south of
Kentish Town West station. LO JourneyCheck doesn't show the NLL as
being disrupted at present, so perhaps it was but is no longer.

I wonder what the signage is like there - i.e. whether there are
special signs telling bus drivers to ensure they drive in the middle
of the road.

It looks fairly typical AFAICS. The white lines on the bridge brickwork are
visible on the first BBC picture, extending either side of the (obscured)
warning triangle which gives the height. Normally there are matching lines
on the road surface, and I think that's one visible continuing under the
bus.

I'm not familiar with any special signs for bus drivers...

Paul S