Old February 11th 08, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default WHy is the central line so much faster?

"MIG" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 7:17 pm, Boltar wrote:
Had to go to a meeting at Hangar lane today. After white city the
train just took off, we must've been doing 40-50 mph. How come the
other tube lines are so slow in comparison? The piccadilly plods its
way to acton town and the northern line between east finchley and
finchley central seemed to barely get above 25mph the few times I did
it last year. Why is the central line different?

B2003

I guess it's to do with what's allowed with automatic operation.

Any higher speed was mitigated for years by the fact that the
operators seemed to take about thirty seconds to release the doors at
every station. They seem to have got better at it now.

The announcements are still way off sometimes. Half way out the station and
they are still saying what station it is.