Old February 11th 08, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default London -Stonehenge

In message , Roland Perry
writes
In message
, at
04:52:24 on Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Mizter T remarked:
Whoops, I didn't quite make myself very clear when I said I
"absolutely agree", I was trying to say that I absolutely agree that
Stonehenge is worth a visit, rather than agreeing that it was a
disappointment.

It can be both at the same time. Many places are like that. I'd include
both John O Groats and Lands End (and the less well known "most
southerly point") in that category.

Call me a philistine, but I was very disappointed by the Colosseum in
Rome. All the tourist literature kept wittering on about it being
"bigger than you can possibly imagine", and when I got there it was
smaller than I was expecting. But it was worth seeing, just to
understand what it was all about.

Conversely, I have a friend (American but now living in Australia) who
couldn't believe how big Beg Ben [1] was when she first saw it.

[1] Yes I know but I can't think of a brief version of the proper name.
And it makes you sound pompous.

--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK