Old February 11th 08, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default WHy is the central line so much faster?

"Michael Hoffman" wrote in message
MIG wrote:
On Feb 11, 7:17 pm, Boltar wrote:
Had to go to a meeting at Hangar lane today. After white city the
train just took off, we must've been doing 40-50 mph. How come the
other tube lines are so slow in comparison?

I guess it's to do with what's allowed with automatic operation.

The Victoria line is pretty fast too, for the same reason

Trains on Piccadilly line seem to do pretty well speedwise between
Hammersmith and Acton Town.

And what about trains running fast on the Metropolitan Line? I heard that
the A62s could do close to 70 miles before they started to discover cracks
in the bogies.

What's up with the S stock, BTW? 'Any models running around for testing yet?