Old February 11th 08, 10:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default London -Stonehenge

In message , Adrian
writes
Ian Jelf (Ian Jelf ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

(That said, I've taken people from the Midlands ... to London and
*they've* never heard of the Chilterns.......)

Please tell me they got here on a train to Marylebone.

Sadly not!

Virtually everyone I encounter is on a coach and I mention the Chilterns
as we pass through them.

wild guess
Just as you start to drag up the escarpment at the Chinnor junction of
the M40 - and I _bet_ you mention the Vicar of Dibley there, too.

Have done! More often mention a former Nissan advert though and even
more frequently the BT tower soon coming into view on the N side.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk