Old February 12th 08, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Romanise Romanise is offline

Default Harrow Bus Station bottleneck

On Feb 11, 9:08 pm, Andy wrote:

We are never going to agree on the basics, so I'll leave discussion
about individual problems / solutions to what I have already said.
I'll just say if you want to see real bus congestion take a look at
the area around Tottenham Court Road underground station and under
Center Point. This puts any perceived problems at Harrow Bus station
into context.

The rebuild of Harrow-on-the-Hill station with step-free access is
part of London Undergrounds plans to have a 'Foundation Network' for
accessible stations. See

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/...lity/5966.aspx

and especially the file linked to here

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...sible_Tube_12p...

Harrow Council will have nothing to do with funding a step-free
station, as it is TfLs programme.The only influence from the council
would be if they could put their grand plan for the new station in
place before the step-free access program for the current station is
finalised.

I have had to use Buses from Tottenham Court Road underground station
for going on to Tottenham Court Road.

There it is the Car traffic from all 4 sides crossing each other. In
Harrow there are only 2 sides and still Buses have difficulty entering
the bus station and letting out its passengers.

Harrow Council is interested in having practically new Tube Station
Overhead Entry Exit overbridge getting built but for that money is not
coming from TFL for another 10 years.

I hope to be around in 2013. Let us see if it happens by then.

Why is no one interested in easing the situation with practically
nothing to spend.

Looks people who are affected and get affected from time to time have
given up on improving the situation.