Old February 12th 08, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default WHy is the central line so much faster?

In article , lid
(Michael Hoffman) wrote:

MIG wrote:
On Feb 11, 7:17 pm, Boltar wrote:
Had to go to a meeting at Hangar lane today. After white city the
train just took off, we must've been doing 40-50 mph. How come the
other tube lines are so slow in comparison?

I guess it's to do with what's allowed with automatic operation.

The Victoria line is pretty fast too, for the same reason

For a different reason, I'd say. The Victoria Line doesn't follow the
lines of the streets above as much as earlier built tube lines so has a
higher maximum speed because it doesn't have the curvature.

92TS is the only tube stock on which every axle is motored, so probably
has better acceleration than other stocks.

--
Colin Rosenstiel