Old February 13th 08, 12:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default Fast Uxbridge Mets

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message

Orienteer wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in message

No. The A-stock trains are somewhat knackered and their top speed
has been reduced to 50mph - AIUI they originally had a top speed of
70mph.

It was because the track condition became so poor that the bogies
started to break up, and had to be welded together again.

It's a great shame that no money was ever spent on the under solebar
area at refurbishment. To my mind there's at least another 10-15
years of good service in the saloon areas, there's nothing much wrong
with them for what they're asked to do, but the ride quality and the
noise from the compressors in the trailer cars is what really lets
the A60s down.

And how! I dread to think of today's Met stock bouncing along at
70mph...